Need a viable high data plan on Verizon network for my MHS815L Jetpack

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
Eclypsia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Need a viable high data plan on Verizon network for my MHS815L Jetpack

Post by Eclypsia »

So I can't afford right now to invest in a setup to attempt the more amazing rigs I've been reading about on this board. Amazingly though I dusted off my very old jetpack through Verizon and added some data to it 2 days ago and it's the only thing getting speeds decent enough to stream for me and the kids. That data is going out the window at record speed and cost though. Roughly 3GB a day ish and I've already invested 50 bucks for 15gb. I know the notion of truly unlimited doesn't exactly exist. However can someone point me to a direction that's a large data plan on Verizon network that will allow me to. use my MHS815L Jetpack? I feel like after 2 days of searching the internet finding a combo of high data + Verizon network + byod a pain let alone through in that the device is a prepaid jetpack from an ancient time

Thanks in advance for any help!
Didneywhorl

Re: Need a viable high data plan on Verizon network for my MHS815L Jetpack

Post by Didneywhorl »

You could try ebay and the like to find someone selling or leasing the short lived unlimited data hotspot plan.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I've not seen too many try and get a branded hotspot to work around plan limits, so your truly looking for unlimited hotspot plans. I don't know of any.
Eclypsia

Post by Eclypsia »

Honestly I'm not too concerned about paying a higher price point for a high data plan to some degree. Ive seen plans range from $150 up such as Technowzi $130 t-mobile network 165 or 250 att and Bix $159 att etc. It's just a matter of finding a BYOD plan like those on Verizon network
ocamrazor

Post by ocamrazor »

you might get lucky with verizons new $40 lte internet plan. They're currently rolling it out in limited markets. It's supposed to have a guaranteed speed and unlimited data. https://www.verizon.com/about/news/veri ... ural-areas

I also went with an unlimited verizon reseller for awhile, I was paying $150 a month for was was essentially 300kb/s speeds. During peak hours, noon to midnight, my speeds were 300kb/s. I only ever hit speeds of 5mb/s in the middle of night which wasn't very useful.

I ended up going with calyxinstitute.org because I've a sprint tower nearby.
BillA

Post by BillA »

ocamrazor wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:22 am you might get lucky with verizons new $40 lte internet plan. They're currently rolling it out in limited markets. It's supposed to have a guaranteed speed and unlimited data. https://www.verizon.com/about/news/veri ... ural-areas

I also went with an unlimited verizon reseller for awhile, I was paying $150 a month for was was essentially 300kb/s speeds. During peak hours, noon to midnight, my speeds were 300kb/s. I only ever hit speeds of 5mb/s in the middle of night which wasn't very useful.

I ended up going with calyxinstitute.org because I've a sprint tower nearby.

Just like Tmobile's "Home Internet", Verizon's "Home Internet options to customers in rural areas" is being marketed in rural areas only in order to maximize unused tower/spectrum where congestion is not an issue. That's why it's not available (yet) in cities and non-rural areas, where congestion is still a problem. As they expand 5G and open up more spectrum down the road, it's possible that carriers will eventually roll it out everywhere. But for now regular LTE plans is what we have to work with.
Mcons

Post by Mcons »

BillA wrote: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:55 pm Just like Tmobile's "Home Internet", Verizon's "Home Internet options to customers in rural areas" is being marketed in rural areas only in order to maximize tower/spectrum usage where congestion is not an issue. That's why it's not available (yet) in cities and non-rural areas, where congestion is still a problem. As they expand 5G and open up more spectrum down the road, it's possible that carriers will eventually roll it out everywhere. But for now regular LTE plans is what we have to work with.
Hey have you heard of global plus 15gb? How would that plan work for hotspot? Is tmobile cracking down on imei?
BillA

Post by BillA »

Mcons wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:53 pm Hey have you heard of global plus 15gb? How would that plan work for hotspot? Is tmobile cracking down on imei?

Yes, the Global Plus 15GB plan is mainly marketed for global travelers, while it includes unlimited domestic hotspot, only 5gigs at high-speed and the rest at only 3G speeds. No bueno! lol
To get this plan, you need to be on a Magenta or the ONE-plan, so not sure if it makes economic sense.
About the modem blocking > https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=10623#p10623

Return to “Internet Service Providers”