EM12-G in a WG3526

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
prideauxx

EM12-G in a WG3526

Post by prideauxx »

First surgery done on my WG3526. I replaced the EC25-AF with a EM12-G. Fairly straightforward. I was under the impression that the EM12-G had three antenna ports for 3x MIMO. This is not the case. It has Main, Div, and GNSS antenna ports. I drilled and added the third port anyway, as I bought the connector for it.

A couple of images attached regarding the approach, for the less than straightforward parts:

1st pic: Antenna drill location. Used a 1/4" drill bit. Worked fine. NOTE: Be very careful/certain you (1) don't drill with the board in the case--obvious, but should be said, and (2) make very certain all metal bits/shavings are cleaned from the case once you are done drilling.

2nd pic: Attaching the PCI-E to M2 adapter, using a utility knife I cut a nylon nut in half, to address clearance issues. This worked well.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
prideauxx

Re: EM12-G in a WG3526

Post by prideauxx »

As a side note (and a FYI), although there is no performance issue or lack of connectivity due to it, the modem active LED ("3G/4G") on the WG3526 is no longer functioning while using the EM12-G (located in a PCI-E to M2 adapter).

Testing has shown the LED is functional, and can be manually activated/deactivated via AT commands.

This activates the LED on the WG3526, while using the EM12-G (I may have this reversed):

Code: Select all

AT+QPMUGPIO=1,3
This deactivates the LED on the WG3526, while using the EM12-G (I may have this reversed):

Code: Select all

AT+QPMUGPIO=0,3
Please note these commands are specific (or likely specific) to the Quectel EM12-G. Please bear this in mind if you intend on using these. The source of this information is here:

https://www.quectel.com/UploadImage/Dow ... n_V1.1.pdf

Return to “General and Unclassified”