MR1100 ATT Redirected when connected

Topics for Netgear Nighthawks MRxxxx Series Hotspots
robvannoord
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MR1100 ATT Redirected when connected

Post by robvannoord »

I dont know if anyone knows why it does this or the reason for it or a fix but i figured id ask here since i'm out of options..

yesterday i was on the hotspot just fine and then it randomly disconnects me at some point and since that moment when i connect it connects me to the hotspot and i can access the dashboard of the M1 just fine but i got no connection and when i try to go to any website it redirects me to this page: http://redirect.ac.sl.attcompute.com/cgi-bin/redirect.cgi

its a rented business sim i've been using for a year or so now for AT&T
BillA

Re: MR1100 ATT Redirected when connected

Post by BillA »

robvannoord wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:41 am I dont know if anyone knows why it does this or the reason for it or a fix but i figured id ask here since i'm out of options..

yesterday i was on the hotspot just fine and then it randomly disconnects me at some point and since that moment when i connect it connects me to the hotspot and i can access the dashboard of the M1 just fine but i got no connection and when i try to go to any website it redirects me to this page: http://redirect.ac.sl.attcompute.com/cgi-bin/redirect.cgi

ATT has been cracking down on router use lately, and that's most likely what has happened to your account. There's not much you can do about it, other than going with another carrier. Here's a list of some alternative service options:
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=5790#p5790 Sadly, all those so called "ATT resellers" were basically reselling the same old $35/month tablet/iPad plan at inflated prices, and that's why most of them went down in the past few months.
djt2020
Been thanked: 0

Post by djt2020 »

I have a grandfathered Unlimited plan. These plan are legitimate. It has a phone number associated with it and I receive confirmation of data use from AT&T on my MR1100 Nighthawk. I did have one of those phased out reseller plans and they simply shut it off one day and that was it. I too have been having issues. I keep two MR1100s so I"ll have a backup. The issues occur one both M1s. Until I locked the band it would randomly change bands. It also sometimes loses connection. This happens mostly between 11:00AM and 6:00PM. The rest of the time it very fast and without issues. I'm convined it is AT&T /tower related.
robvannoord, Have you tried a hard reset with thew button inside the battery compartment?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

robvannoord wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:41 am I dont know if anyone knows why it does this or the reason for it or a fix but i figured id ask here since i'm out of options..

Did anything get resolved or figured out? djt2020 asked, but didn't quote you to tag you.
BillA

Post by BillA »

djt2020 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:09 pm I have a grandfathered Unlimited plan. These plan are legitimate. It has a phone number associated with it and I receive confirmation of data use from AT&T on my MR1100 Nighthawk. I did have one of those phased out reseller plans and they simply shut it off one day and that was it. I too have been having issues. I keep two MR1100s so I"ll have a backup. The issues occur one both M1s. Until I locked the band it would randomly change bands. It also sometimes loses connection. This happens mostly between 11:00AM and 6:00PM. The rest of the time it very fast and without issues. I'm convined it is AT&T /tower related.
robvannoord, Have you tried a hard reset with thew button inside the battery compartment?

Besides changing carriers, as a workaround you could put the sim card into an Android or iPhone (maybe an iPad), and tether it to the router via USB cable. While you can't attach external antennas, if you have a decent signal on a phone, it could work. Here's a step by step guide on how to do it > https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=10303#p10303

Return to “Nighthawks MR1100 - MR5200 (M1...M5...)”