Airmaster 4000d disconnect issue

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
oddjob1266
Has thanked: 0

Airmaster 4000d disconnect issue

Post by oddjob1266 »

I got an airmaster 4000d to use with a 3rd party sprint plan. My initial setup was simple and worked flawlessly for almost a month straight.

As of the last couple of weeks, I have had multiple disconnects a day, and the only way to get it to reconnect is to power cycle it. It may stay connected for 20 minute or 12 hours, but is not the always on connection I had initally.

I am willing to troubleshoot if there are things I can try, but I am not really sure where to start.
Didneywhorl

Re: Airmaster 4000d disconnect issue

Post by Didneywhorl »

Ive heard multiple people start saying this.nit may be an issue with the tmo merger. You MIGHT want to try a stronger poe injector and or a new ethernet cable. Not sure really
oddjob1266

Post by oddjob1266 »

I did a full reset this afternoon and have been connected now for 8 hours .... longest in a while. We shall see how it goes.
oddjob1266

Post by oddjob1266 »

This morning it was still sort of working.... it acted as if it was making a connection when I would try to access the internet, but then if the connection was idle it would disconnect again. I tried a reboot and we shall see how it goes.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I know for a fact Tmo is working on B41 extensively to make way for N41. Here in the Houston area they are changing up atleast 3 sites a day. My tower has been affected. Ive heard some others talk of the exact same issue: When idle it disconnects, effectively a reboot is all that brings it back up.

I'm not familiar with the Airmwasters interface. Can you setup a ping test to run every 10 seconds or so? Or setup the command prompt on a pc to run a continuous ping test (c:\...\...>ping -t 1.1.1.1) See if that keeps your connection live.
oddjob1266

Post by oddjob1266 »

So far I have had good results since the factory reset. It has been up since going on 3 or 4 days.
jonathan_winters

Post by jonathan_winters »

This is really interesting - my airmaster started doing this after a few months of near flawless performance.

I will try the factory reset and post up my results.

Is there any kind of firmware update for these?
shoulin333

Post by shoulin333 »

I had the same issue starting a week ago or so. Turns out that t-mobile did some work on the towers around here and the old Earfcn's that I had loaded are no longer around.

The new ones as far as I could source off reddit (where else??) based off folks reporting sprint band 41 on their t-mobile phones is as below. Once I put these in and removed the old ones I have stayed connected.

Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jonathan_winters

Interesting -- do you happen to know how the Airmaster handles that list? Is that setting any kind of priority or is it just making a list of options you're allowing it to use? I'd love to be able to put a list of frequencies that I know are in my area and just let it figure out which one is best.
shoulin333

Post by shoulin333 »

That I do not know, It doesn't seem to be a priority list, it will jump around a bit but not sure based on what. I know that if I don't put anything in this list it will connect initially but by the next morning it will need a power-cycle.
jonathan_winters

Good to know.

I've always added one frequency there to keep my connection consistent; I hadn't considered adding the others and let the device/network float me to others. Maybe I'll give that a try to see if/how it impacts performance (and the network drops I've been seeing).

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”