Receive text messages sent to mofi?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
lawnmowerman

Receive text messages sent to mofi?

Post by lawnmowerman »

Is it possible to set up receiving text message sent to mofi4500 sim7 (ie message from carrier) when a phone SIM is in it, and have those messages forwarded to a different phone (the one I actually use)?
TwoEightZero

Re: Receive text messages sent to mofi?

Post by TwoEightZero »

So you have TMobile? I remember something called digits that did just that.
BillA

Post by BillA »

lawnmowerman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:17 pm Is it possible to set up receiving text message sent to mofi4500 sim7 (ie message from carrier) when a phone SIM is in it, and have those messages forwarded to a different phone (the one I actually use)?

The GSM system doesn't have an SMS forwarding method (short code), therefore it cannot forward from a router to a phone. It can only be done on an Android phone with an app which basically caches the SMS then resends to a new number of your choice.
Viper67857

Post by Viper67857 »

I'm sure an openwrt package could be built to do so (if one doesn't already exist), but Idk if that could be done on mofi software... If it were flashed over to rooter then sure..
lawnmowerman

Post by lawnmowerman »

Thanks for the info all!
AustenMueller
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by AustenMueller »

BillA wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:56 am The GSM system doesn't have an SMS forwarding method (short code), therefore it cannot forward from a router to a phone. It can only be done on an Android phone with an app which basically caches the SMS then resends to a new number of your choice.
What app is that!? :shock:
uhelp
Has thanked: 0

Post by uhelp »

I'm running a phone sim card(tmobile) in my mofi sim 4 and I was able to setup to have sms sent to the mofi sim # and forward it to my other phone that I actually use. The setup is in the mofi setup page.
BillA

Post by BillA »

AustenMueller wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:43 pm What app is that!? :shock:

There are lots of SMS forwarding apps in the PlayStore.
It will allow you to forward SMS/text messages from an Android phone to any other phone including a router.
Keep in mind that the app has to be running on the phone in the background at all times for this to work.
If you're looking to forward SMS from the router to a phone, as far as I know only the MoFi firmware has that feature.
It's possible to extract the SMS forwarding package from the MoFi firmware, and install it into any OpenWRT router.

SMS Forwarder (Android)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... smsforward

Return to “General and Unclassified”