T-Mobile plan?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
lawnmowerman

T-Mobile plan?

Post by lawnmowerman »

After upgrading my antennas, I found I could get band 2 signal, which I think because it is higher 15 MHz is going to give me better speeds than my current band 4 on 10 MHz. Except band 2 on this tower is not my carrier (currently using Verizon) and after some research it appears to be T-Mobile. So I'd like to try a T-Mobile plan and see how it works... but not sure which is best for my needs and would work with Mofi 4500 sim 7.
band scan.png
band 2.PNG
First off, am I correct that band 2 would be better than band 4? I'm on band 4 now because with my prepaid Verizon plan, band 13 gets too congested and slow.

If so, which T-Mobile plan should I get? My biggest needs are unlimited data and no video stream throttling.

Prepaid seems the most straightforward but is video streaming throttled? According to this, https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans- ... paid-plans, the prepaid unlimited plans can't be de-throttled. If so, any way around that?

Or can I get a post-paid plan? Would I just order the Magneta Plus plan for a single line and say I'm bringing my own device? I started to do this online and there didn't seem to be a point where they wanted an IMEI. If I activate the SIM they send on my phone, then change the TTL to 64/65, will that work? Or will they flag it for being the wrong device?

Any other T-Mobile network data plan options outside going directly to T-Mobile?

Thanks all! This forum has been a life saver... :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gscheb

Re: T-Mobile plan?

Post by gscheb »

lawnmowerman

Post by lawnmowerman »

[quote=gscheb post_id=10391 time=1595460120 user_id=1402]
Post pay way to go:
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=32 ... data#p7409

Perfect, thank you! Ordered magenta plus and SIM. Sounds like I can put the sim right in the mofi and it should work with ttl set right? Don’t need to activate it on a phone first?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Did this for someone else and literally activated right in the router. It was a Sierra Wireless MC7455. If this works for you please post about it.
lawnmowerman

Post by lawnmowerman »

gscheb wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:16 pm Did this for someone else and literally activated right in the router. It was a Sierra Wireless MC7455. If this works for you please post about it.
Nice! Will do!

Return to “Internet Service Providers”