Sprint and Mofi 4500?

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
randylo
Has thanked: 0

Sprint and Mofi 4500?

Post by randylo »

Hey guys, I am new here but been reading the past week. I have a problem and need some expert advice. I have a Sprint unlimited plan that a friend got for me through a company called pcsforpeople. I make the payments and use this internet. The hotspot they sent him was a coolpad surf with a sim card in it and speeds are bad at 4 down and 4.5 up. Now for the choice I am getting ready to make: Buy a mofi 4500, get external antennas (tower 2.5 miles away), get a visible account and get better speeds. What do you guys think about this. I say problem because If I could just buy mofi 4500 and external antennas, would there be a way to use the sim card that the coolpad has now? Or, is the sim locked to the IMEI that the coolpad has? Any suggestions are appreciated and I thank you for all the helpful information you provide on here.
Viper67857

Re: Sprint and Mofi 4500?

Post by Viper67857 »

Idk anything about those providers, but as for the mofi, I'd avoid it... It's just a rather cheap router with a decent but outdated modem for about 3x the price of just buying the same modem and router...
gscheb

Re: Sprint and Mofi 4500?

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Yes the Mofi gets allot of new people. Seems like easier way to go in beginning. Issue with them they don't back up their product. The quarantee they offer is a lie. They are shady company!
With that said the Mofi uses the Sierra Wireless MC7455 modem. Which has known to have issues on Sprint.
Look at this post what Jim says.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=898#p5892
That is why mofi offers a Sprint model also but it is only a category 4 modem. Only one band at a time no Carrier Aggregation!
Fear the Mofi! :twisted:

Return to “MoFi Routers”