Carrier Aggregation on the Quectel EM20G

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
GeraldJ
Been thanked: 0

Carrier Aggregation on the Quectel EM20G

Post by GeraldJ »

Is there an AT command to choose the primary band for carrier aggregation ? When ever I put in an AT command for multiple bands it usually selects band 13 as the primary and aggregates with either band 4 or 66 ...the issue with this is the performance is way better when it’s on either band 66 or 4 (As primary) then aggregates with 13 as the secondary band. Band 13 has the strongest signal strength but is a 10mhz band out by me while both 66 and 4 are 20mhz ....any help is appreciated!
Didneywhorl

Re: Carrier Aggregation on the Quectel EM20G

Post by Didneywhorl »

I don't believe there is such a command. If you find it let us know. You can just lock 13 out so it doesnt use it at all. See which way you like better.
BillA

Re: Carrier Aggregation on the Quectel EM20G

Post by BillA »

GeraldJ wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:57 pm Is there an AT command to choose the primary band for carrier aggregation ? When ever I put in an AT command for multiple bands it usually selects band 13 as the primary and aggregates with either band 4 or 66 ...the issue with this is the performance is way better when it’s on either band 66 or 4 (As primary) then aggregates with 13 as the secondary band. Band 13 has the strongest signal strength but is a 10mhz band out by me while both 66 and 4 are 20mhz ....any help is appreciated!

Try locking only 2 of the fastest bands, then just hope that the tower will aggregate them during heady data usage.
However there are a couple of issues you might run into.
1. The modem may not allow those two specific band combinations (check in the modem's specs).
2. The tower may not allow those two specific band combinations in your particular area.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”