AirmMaster 4000D no connection

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
stcabay1

AirmMaster 4000D no connection

Post by stcabay1 »

Just received an AirMaster 4000d and am struggling getting it up and running. I have followed the information at:

http://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=448&sid=f49d1720e83a08c8494293e9e7f18e30

But am failing to receive any signal. I purchased a new cat6a and cat7 cable to rule out power issues. When I load up the interface all I see is:
Global.PNG
This is the signal info regardless of whether a sim is installed or not. I also tried to place the router into Nomadic mode and search, but nothing appears.
PLMN.PNG

Following the guide I tried to place the MCC MNC in manually from my known connection, but no luck with that. I also tried a factory reset, but that did not change anything. I do get pretty solid band 41 using a MC74555 in a WE826 so I don't think that's the issue. I'm in Denver, CO with towers nearby.
Signal.PNG
Any ideas?

Thanks
-Scott
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: AirmMaster 4000D no connection

Post by JimHelms »

It does not appear to be receiving a signal.

From my experience with these units, and assuming there is an adequate band 41 signal, no signal stats is generally a sign or insufficient power to the modem. If you are using a true CAT6A cable then we can rule out the cable as being an issue. How long a cable are you using?

It is possible the PoE adapter may be providing insufficient power.

Have you tried slowly rotating the antenna in 360 degrees to see if it receives any sort of signal.
stcabay1

Post by stcabay1 »

I've tried a few different Cat6a and 7 cables. Latest was a 3ft AmazonBasics RJ45 Cat7 Network Ethernet Patch Internet Cable. Reviews seem solid so I have to imagine it can handle the POE.

I also did try to bring the antenna outside and moved it all around - no changes. Any other ideas? My next step just for sanity was going to be to drive around a bit and see if anything changes
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

stcabay1 wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:58 am Any other ideas? My next step just for sanity was going to be to drive around a bit and see if anything changes
Do you happen to have a 24V to 48V PoE power adapter laying around? If so, it wouldn't hurt to try it.

Locating a Sprint tower and testing the signal stats is actually a good idea, if you are able to do so. It would at least rule out the tower as the culprit.
stcabay1

Post by stcabay1 »

I only have the POE adapter that came with. Unfortunately even driving all around the city I still ended up with nothing. I'm thinking it might have to be RMA'd. Might include my 3ft cat7 cable so it can be a 1-1 test.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Sounds like a plan.
stcabay1

Post by stcabay1 »

Closing the loop on this one - sent it back for an RMA and it turns out I must have been doing something stupid on my end. Unit tested well by the folks at The Wireless Haven and was sent back promptly. Got it back and still had no luck, but after a factory reset I am now receiving great signal and internet is working without issue. Thanks for all the help!

Return to “General and Unclassified”